Build your dream hom...
160000.00 Dollar US$
25.00 Dollar US$
I teach using Whereby. It provides a very reliable video conferencing service.
Straight to the point. Don't beat around the bush. I try to work all aspects of the language. We don't just practice conversation. I think that each aspect of the language reinforces the others.
- SPEAKING: I will adapt to your needs. I will test and challenge you in each conversation to find out what new things you need to learn. By doing these little tests during our conversations I will be able to help you improve. And of course, I will correct your mistakes as much as possible so you progressively polish your Spanish..
- READING: Weekly readings about different topics to boost your comprehension. I will use texts suited to your level.
- WRITING AND VOCABULARY: Learning a wide range of words is paramount. Your build new vocabulary from our lessons, from your exercises, readings, etc. and you will gather the words in a personal document. In addition you will learn how to use this vocabulary, writing sentences with it every single week and writing essays that we will correct and discuss.
- GRAMMAR: I give very simple theoretical explanations and you put them into practice immediately. They serve a purpose: they are the tools you need to express certain things in the way they should be. You don't want to become a scholar of the Spanish grammar but learning practical Spanish you can use.
- LISTENING: weekly exercises that will help you strengthen this area. I am aware Spaniards speak very fast (Latin-American a bit slower) but with a bit of training you will overcome that problem. Moreover Spanish has less sounds than English so this is an advantage.
I keep track of work done on weekly basis to make sure my students complete their assigned tasks. To follow this work visually I use a traffic lights system (Green: complete; Red: incomplete; Orange: half-complete). Sometimes I make repeat the same exercise/s for weeks (changing the content) to make sure you have assimilated the concepts properly. As you know “practice makes perfect”.
Virtually all of the resources provided are online. Each student will have access to bank of resources that I offer.
I began teaching Spanish 1 to 1 in 2006. I am proficient in English so I can explain you ideas and concepts in an effective manner. Due to my experience I know your flaws when learning Spanish.
MA International Relations - London Metropolitan University
Teaching Qualification - Universidad de Valladolid
BA History - Universidad de Valladolid
Languages spoken: Spanish (Native); English (Proficient); Portuguese (Lower-Intermediate)
14 years of experience languages (Spanish to English speakers and English to Spaniards). Tangible results and early progress. Classes are agile and fun. I am born in Valladolid. In my area we speak something similar to what Oxford English would be for English native speakers. In other words, my accent is pretty neutral.
May 21, 2020
May 21, 2020
Boston, MA 02124